[WIP] Pobble - Android and Facebook app

+1 vote
Hi,

I've just transferred my game from Google Play services to App42, it's still work in progress, but I've released it on Google Play Store and as a Facebook app.

If you want to check it out here are the links.

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doofah.pobble

Facebook: https://apps.facebook.com/pobblequest/

All comments and suggestions are much appreciated

Edit: Oops! Just noticed the instruction menu hasn't been enabled. So to control Pobble on a phone/tablet you touch and hold the screen to make him float and release to let him descend. On a PC you use the SPACE bar.

asked Apr 28, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Martin Horn (66 points)
recategorized Oct 26, 2014 by sushil

1 Answer

+2 votes

Best answer
Looks great! I'm going to try it out..

Would be great if you can describe your experience while moving from Google play service to App42..
answered Apr 28, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
selected Apr 28, 2014 by Martin Horn
Thanks for taking the time to check it out dhruvc,

I can say that that I found the setup experience for App42 a breeze in comparison to Google Play and the documentation and tutorials are excellent.

There are a few missing features in the achievements service which currently make it a little awkward to work with. Features such as achievement points, icons, hidden and incremental achievements would be make things easier. I mentioned this in a different thread and was advised that something along these lines would be implemented at some point, which is all good.

What I really like is that I now don't need to force my users to login with Google Play or Facebook to be able to earn achievements and have a shared leaderboard. Obviously they can still login to Facebook if they choose and they will then be able to post scores and achievements on their timeline etc. (this part of the game is still in early development.)

So all in all I've found App42 to be easy to setup, well documented and flexible and I'm very glad I decided to make the switch.

This is my first game release, but I have further games in the pipeline and I fully intend to use App42 for these too.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com