UnAuthorized Access: Illegal characters in collection name?

0 votes
We are creating collectiong name in our app by using Windows Phone anonymous ID (ANID). In Windows Phone 8 it seem to contain "/" characters and possibly some other special characters. We are now getting "UnAuthrorized Access" errors when app connects to App42 and I'm suspecting it may be due to "/" characters in the string.

Can someone confirm if "/" characters are illegal in collection names? And furthermore, which characters are allowed?

Thank you!

More Karvonen, Qumos, Helsinki-Finland
asked Jun 16, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by more.karvonen (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, / is not avalid charcter in collectionname and most of the parameters. I dont have exact char list however $ .(dot) and null characters are also not expected. I will update you with exact set of characters soon.
answered Jun 16, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
Thanks for the quick answer. That's what I thought. Yep, would be great to get an exact set of characters, we probably need to write a function to search and replace illegal characters.
Kindly find the list of special character which are not supported in collection name  - $ / \ . ?
Let me know if you need any other information regarding this.
Thanks.
Thank you, this should keep us going!
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com