Unity3D Windows Phone 8 No Push Message.

0 votes

Hi,

I'm developing game on Windows Phone 8 using Unity3D. I did all the stuff, described in tutorials to integrate Push Notification System to my project. App42 Push Notification Menu sees new users, but when I try to send them push message nothing happens on device(but two times I have got just some vibro notification, nothing else).

I instantiate this code in Start() method:

App42API.Initialize(Constants.ApiKey,Constants.SecretKey);

App42API.SetLoggedInUser(Constants.UserId);

Also I have added all the references as desribed in tutorials, checked cappabilities in WMAppManifest.

Any suggestions? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

UPD: In Push Logs in AppHQ Menu I have got this JSON:
{"app42Fault":{"httpErrorCode":404,"appErrorCode":1706,"message":"NOT FOUND","details":"No device is registered with the App"}}

asked Jun 18, 2014 in AppWarp by avoloshchuk (16 points)
edited Jun 18, 2014 by avoloshchuk

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Hi,

Have you called the function that have written in the sample StoreDeviceId which take user name , deviceToken and device type as input parameter. This will register your device with App42 For push notificatioin.

Kindly confirm this because your are recieving the bad parameter exception of device is not registered.

Let me know and share the details so that we can help you.

Thanks.

answered Jun 18, 2014 by hs00105 (517 points)
selected Jun 18, 2014 by avoloshchuk
Yes, I have done this before. But I already found solution. It is so stupid:) I changed Constants.deviceType to "WP8". So I guess in App42 service all Windows Phone devices are marked as WP7, so API could not find target device type.

Thanks a lot for replay.
I have a problem with the function StoreDeviceId, StoreDeviceId("Got Wrong Dll"), this is the way that the function is called, i dont know what is an example of a good parameter o how construct this parameter for the function PushChannelRegistrationCallback, thanks in advance.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com