creating robot player

0 votes
I'm working on a 4 players game, rooms are turn based, I thought to make the room creator responsible for the robots players as he will simulate the robot connection and play in separate thread, the problem is the appwarp client is singleton and I can't find a way to manage more than one session. I thought to move appwarp s2, but not sure it will make it less complicated. Any ideas/advice? Working with cocos2dx
asked Jun 20, 2014 in AppWarpS2 by smhmdmjd (11 points)
recategorized Oct 26, 2014 by sushil

1 Answer

0 votes
AppWarp S2 would be suitable for something like this. You can have the robot controlled from the server. We have a sample as well for this (using AS3 on the client) but you can take a look. The concept and server side code is still relevant for you

http://appwarps2.shephertz.com/dev-center/samples/space-warfare/
answered Jun 21, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
Thanks a lot, generally, you think I should still use turn based romm or move to regular room?
Another issue, I understand I need to override functions observer, which function handles the aturns and allotted time for players policy?
I recommend you start with regular room. Its easier if you can work with that. Use the timer tick handler to build your custom time logic.
Thanks for your help
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com