Push Notification Not Coming on time

0 votes
Hi Team

I want to know why sometimes push notification get delayed, My push notifications are working fine and are coming from server but sometimes it get delayed . can we handle this situation or how to receive spontantaneous notification ? I

Can Anyone please tell me how to resolve this. ?

Sarora
asked Jul 1, 2014 in AppWarp by sarora (56 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Hi Sourabh,

Delivery of push messages is depend on provider such as GCM/APNs/MPNS. So that developers can't handle it on client side.

You can do it by using No-SQL Storage Service and genrate the local push notification when the storage is updated.

Thanks.

answered Jul 1, 2014 by hs00105 (517 points)
In this case user have received two notification one you have genrated on local and 2nd which have been delayed by the provider which is not a good practice.
But on the other hand you don't have any option to resolve it.
Thanks.
0 votes

Hi Saurabh,

When sendPushMessage is called in App42 SDK, it is queued for delivery on App42 server. App42 Server then sends this message to APNS/GCM/MPNS platform service provider. After that it is send to device from respective platform service provider. If device is online, it will get delivered, if it is offline, it will be delivered once it comes online.

Also, there is no guarantee of delivery by any platform service provider (GCM/APNS/MPNS) in this case and it is based on best effort.

If you want spontaneous and in real-time messaging, you can use Storage service to store the message, and apply continuous poll on it from your app. You can combine this with Push notification that will help you in taking your app back to wake up state if it is not opened at the time of message delivery.

Alternatively, you can also opt to use AppWarp to make a real time message application.

Let me know if it makes sense.

Thanks

Ajay

answered Jul 3, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com