Querying Room Properties vs RPC

0 votes
Hi,

I'm looking for some more guidance on when to use Room Properties vs RPC calls. With the flexibility provided when hosting an AppWarp S2 server it seems that most functions can be achieved through either method purely dependant on whether the server or client is controlling the action. So the question I have is whether there are performance or network considerations when using one rather than the other?

Thanks
asked Jul 3, 2014 in AppWarpS2 by ndongas (11 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
If the scenario you are trying to solve can be achieved using room properties without much effort (i.e. without a lot of additional server side logic) then I'd recommend you use that. Simply because most of the wiring up of events, sending notifications etc. is done already.

If however you find yourself doing a lot of server-side meddling with the properties and lock/unlock requests, then its best to just have your own RPC defined and implement your own logic.

Thats the general guidance. As such there are no significant performance or network differences. Both send/receive the parameters over JSON underneath.
answered Jul 3, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com