Marmalade App42 SaveUserScore leaking memory

0 votes

So I am using App42 with Marmalade and SaveUserScore is leaking memory.  I basically took everything else out of my code but submitting a score with ScoreBoardService::SaveUserScore() and I am getting an IwAssert  failure (MEMORY, 2356) from Marmalade upon Marmalade cleaning up the memory.   I am terminating every service that I am using and also cleaning up the callback function.

gameService->Terminate();
scoreboardService->Terminate();
rewardService->Terminate();
scoreService->Terminate();

if(callbackFunction)
{
delete callbackFunction;
callbackFunction = NULL;
}

Here is an image of the failure.

http://imgur.com/ndaQuT7

I believe that this failure only happens when there is memory that hasn't been cleaned up when Marmalade goes through with its own memory clean up.  Let me know if there is something that I need to do.

Thanks,

Mike Sawayda

asked Jul 5, 2014 in App42PaaS & BPaaS by sawaydastudios (16 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Mike,

Can you provide the code snippets where you are initialising App42 and using SaveUserScore API. Also which version of Marmalade SDK you are working with?

Also would like to know if this issue occurs with the leaderboard sample too which comes with SDK or is it happening only in your app? 

Thanks.

answered Jul 7, 2014 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
edited Jul 7, 2014 by rajeev.etc
Nevermind, I just figured it out.  Apparently the overwritten callback function onResult is responsible for cleaning up the memory from the App42Result* parameter.  Shouldn't whoever calls the callback function sending that parameter be responsible for cleaning up that memory?  The way that it currently is seems like a silly way to handle it.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com