PushNotificationService deRegister Device Token

0 votes
How can i deregister device token of particular user ? In my case,  i want to set only one device token for each user. Rightnow API allows me to register different devices for each user. I want to remove old device token if use tries to register new device. So use will get the game request in his latest device only. How can i achieve this ?
asked Mar 7, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by nilesh (109 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

If you have a device token, you can simply use the delete_device_token method to deregister device. However there is no method to delete all devices for given user. If you think this is a road block for you, please let us know, we will prioritize it and put it in our upcomign release.

answered Mar 7, 2014 by sshukla480 (407 points)
selected Mar 27, 2014 by nilesh
i think we cannot delete previous registered device token of any user. right ? I suggest you to add this feature in pushnotification service in the next release. It would be good if this can be added soon as i am working on one game project which need this functionality.
For now you can simply use our AppHQ console to delete old devices of users. We are also adding this feature by 17th march.Please tell me which SDK you are using in your game.
sorry i just checked your comment now as i am not receiving any alerts for comments; i don't know why. BTW i am using iOS sdk.
we will add this by tomorrow
Hi,
New method (deleteAllDevices) added in latest release 2.2 , please download from given link
https://github.com/shephertz/App42_iOS_SDK/archive/master.zip
thanks sachin.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com