How can I get properties for many rooms at once on AppWarp using Windows Runtime?

0 votes
Hello,

I would like to be able to retrieve the properties for multiple rooms at once so that I can create a scenario where a user views a list of rooms to join and can also see the properties associated with each room without having to call getLiveRoomInfo for each one individually. Is there a way to do this?
asked Jul 18, 2014 in AppWarp by feraask (45 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

There is no such method. You will need to get all room IDs through getAllRooms(). Then you will need to iterate over each room Id and call getLiveRoomInfo() to get the name, properties, etc details about that room.

This is an intended behaviour because if there was such an API, that api would have resulted in huge amount of data transfer in result callbacks.

There is also an API called getRoomsWithProperty() which returns a list of rooms having a certain property that you would have passed as argument during calling.

answered Jul 18, 2014 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
That's too bad I was hoping for an easier way. When I call the getRoomsWithProperties or getRoomsInRange does this only return rooms that have space to join? Or can this return full rooms as well?

Is there a way to get rooms with different properties like get all rooms with level == beginner OR level == medium?
Hey,

getRoomsWithProperties or getRoomsInRange  returns all the rooms even if they are full.

There is no such feature available as of now. You can call the API two times for e.g. first with level == beginner and then again with level == medium and merge their results.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com