change push notification batch number for Unity game?

0 votes

I am using UpdatePushBadgeforDevice/UpdatePushBadgeforUser to reset the badges but i does not change in the app. How can I update the app?

asked Aug 1, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by bryan.geronimo (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

UpdatePushBadgeforDevice/UpdatePushBadgeforUser alters the badge values on the App42 Push Server corresponding to the parameters passed. That will be reflected on the device side when the device receives push next time if the message contains "badge" key with value "increment".

These methods do not alter the badge icon directly on the device side.For more details, you can go through this blog.

Hope it will help. 

answered Aug 1, 2014 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
If that is the case, how will I reset the badge icon to no notifications? Please correct me if i am wrong but as I understand it, sending a message with "badge" key with value "increment" will update the device but it automatically increment it by one so it cannot be set to none. How will I achieve no notifications?
To reset badge value on the server, you can call UpdatePushBadgeforDevice/ UpdatePushBadgeforUser with value 0 for badge parameter. To reset locally you can reset the applicationBadgeNumber when app opened after receiving push notification. To do so, you need to add a method  in plug-in that will modify the applicationBadgeNumber and you can call that method from the push script.
Let us know if you have any further query.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com