Push Notification

0 votes
About the push notication android setting.

i saw the http://api.shephertz.com/tutorial/Push-Notification-Unity-Android/ this tutorial, in one section require to set up the google key at app42 console, but the picture show that two section which is  app name, and google key, but in my app42 console i only can see provider and push key

Question: Where can i find the appname and google key to insert?
closed with the note: Solve the problem
asked Aug 13, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by admin (10 points)
closed Aug 15, 2014 by admin
In addition, i cant configure my device with my app, it show that "application does not define permission c2d_message", btw i using the unity project sample provide from the link

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Admin,

Thanks for writing to us.

We apologize for inconvenience caused, we are in the process of updating our tutorial for push  notification. Kindly, find the below steps to configure your app key in App42 Console:

• Select your app after clicking Android setting 
  • Select the Provider as GCM 
  • Copy your server key under push key section which is generated in Google developer console

About your second query, kindly check your package name in manifest file and replace it with your package name.

Let us know if it helps.

answered Aug 13, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi hs00105,

In the manifest file, the comment there call replace line 11,13,51 to mine package name, after the changes i still cant configure my device into the app42, i also tried change all the default package name to mine package name, but it crash, any solution?

Debug result
C2DMRegistrar : [C2DMRegistrar.104] register: http error 400
GCMBaseIntentService: handleRestration:registrationId=null, error = INVALID_SENDER unregistered=null
GCMBaseIntentService : Registration error: INVALID_SENDER

Thanks
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com