Is it possible to make a private room with a password in AppWarp?

0 votes
Let's say I want users to be able to create a room and restrict access to it (i.e. with a password).  Is this possible?

If private rooms with passwords aren't possible, then how can we prevent malicious users from connecting to a room and disrupting the game of the users inside of it?
asked Aug 27, 2014 in AppWarp by telpokint (17 points)
recategorized Feb 13, 2015 by sushil

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
You could use room properties when creating the room and then have joining users enter the pass code and verify it against the property of the room. This however is only a client-side check and if you are concerned about a situation where a user hacks the client and creates a rogue build - this will obviously not be sufficient.

For such cases where you want stricter admission control, you will need to use AppWarp S2 - which allows you to extend the server side code and write server side validation for such cases. Take a look

http://appwarps2.shephertz.com/
answered Aug 27, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
selected Aug 27, 2014 by telpokint
+1 vote

Hi,

You can do this with the help of Match Making. Below is the link for the same

http://appwarp.shephertz.com/game-development-center/matchmaking-basic-concept/

You can create a room property say "isValidUser" and set its value to "true". 

Then you can authenticate the user on the client side and if user is a valid user, you can allow him to join the room by calling the joinRoomWithProperties by passing the Property as IsValidUser and value to true.

Another way to achieve it is that the first user who creates/join the room can set a property say "password" and set some value for the password. After that he can send a private chat in which he will send the password value to the user whom he wants to play with. Then the another user can call joinRoomWithProperties whose password value is the same that he has recieved in private chat.

Please let me know in case of any issues.

answered Aug 27, 2014 by NaveenGShephertz (244 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com