User Ranking by ID rather than name

0 votes
I've looked ... hopefully this hasn't been already answered.

Since each user has a Unique ScoreID I thought that each user could chose whatever name they liked and it wouldn't matter if the name wasn't unique. There could be three users named Tom but they would be distinguishable from each other by their ScoreID.

For set up and testing I have created 3 users named Tom

But when I ask for the user rank using GetUserRanking I can only supply the users name, not his ID.

I then thought that perhaps since I couldn't supply his ID I might get 3 results back and then be able to loop through them comparing IDs. but I only get one result.

Any way of getting this to work?

I would rather the users used whatever name they fancied and can't see why this shouldn't work since they all have unique IDs.

Thanks
asked Sep 25, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by dapdap53 (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Username in App42 API calls should be a unique handler to identify each app user separately.  If you are registering your user with his emailId, you can use that as user name, or if he is registered with facebook, you can opt for using facebook id of user as username in App42 API call. This way you can manage uniqueness of user in your app. One user can have many score Ids so score Id can not be used as uniqueness for user.

Let me knwo if it helps.

Thanks

Ajay
answered Sep 25, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com