Level Based Games

0 votes

My game consists of many levels, so I create a game object for each level, the problem when I want to synchronize the player results with the server, the process took long time since for each level I have to call the API service call  scoreBoardService.getHighestScoreByUser, is there a replacement function that I can send the user ID and I can return the highest score of this user in all games?

asked Oct 7, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by shadiho (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You can simply create a global leaderbaord along with leaderboard for each level. AT the time of saving score, you have to save score in two leaderbaord, one is in global and one is in level. You can query global leaderbaord for getting highest scorer among all the level.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Ajay
answered Oct 8, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
hi Ajay,

thank you for answering the question, but I think there is misunderstanding here, let me explain more:
each level in my game has separate score total levels(160), so the player will have one score per level, let us consider that the player use another device to play the game, so first thing I will do, I will synchronize the scores with the server, so as per the current design of Shephertz API, for each game (level) we have to call one API function and this is taking too much time, I tried another solution by developing a custom code but also this solution failed since I am always getting time-out exception.
Synchronizing on 160 level is going to take long for sure.That is the reason you have to maintain a separate game/level as global and save each score in it. This will give a quick global scorer in your app and you dont need to synchronized your game level scores.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com