Sending message from user to JUST room.

0 votes
Hi,

I want to send an isolated message from a user to a room, while other users of the room forbidden to receive it.

i can do simpe encyrption to the messages that have security issues but then server load will be too much.

I need a client.sendChatToOnlyRoom() or something like in client api.

Any solution ?
asked Oct 19, 2014 in AppWarpS2 by hi (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi,

I hope you want to send a private message to a particular user, not to all users in the room.

To send a private message to a particular user in a room, you can call sendPrivateChat() if you want to send text messgae. Also you can use sendPrivateUpdate to send message in byte array format.

Let me know if you have more questions.
answered Oct 19, 2014 by NaveenGShephertz (244 points)
No, not a particular user.

Why we're using centralised server is our logic relays on server/zone/room or something else on the server.

But there is no method implemented for sending private request to server.

This is what i'm asking for.
If you only want to send some information to AppWarpS2 server, the recommended way is to use RPC. You can create any method in Zone Adaptor or Room Adaptor and then invoke that method on server from client side. You can exchange information in form of argument and return values. You should check out invokeZoneRPC and invokeRoomRPC methods of client sdk.

Another way could be that you send messages through sendChat method only. But then on server you can parse that chat message. If you found that the messages was meant to be for server only, then you can disable the notification so that no player receives that message.
Bravo Suyash !

result.sendNotification = false;

This is the solution what i'm searching for,

Thank you very much.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com