Lately when I call WarpClient.GetInstance().Disconnect(), I am getting this error:

0 votes

I have a setup screen with two buttons: an OFFLINE button and an ONLINE button. Clicking the ONLINE button sets up AppWarp and connects. Clicking the OFFLINE button disconnects from AppWarp. This part of my code hasn't been changed for ages but lately when I call WarpClient.GetInstance().Disconnect(), I am getting this error:

NOTE: This happens when running the game in the Unity Editor.
==================================
CompareBaseObjectsInternal can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
==================================

The code is simple and I am not calling anything from a different thread:  

asked Oct 21, 2014 in AppWarp by huffman (50 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Huffman,

Here we have created few buttons. Among them are two buttons, one for connecting and one for disconnecting. In our test we didn't observed the error that you have reported. Can you please try this sample too? Also, I recommend you to download the latest SDK. The newer version contains many changes, so you will need to add few more listeners in your existing code. Refer the above sample for these changes.

Thanks

answered Oct 21, 2014 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
Thank you, I am using both AppWarp and App42 in my project, what are the latest versions of those? The last time I looked AppWarp was at 1.7.6 and that is what I'm using. And should different DLLs be used depending on if it's it a iOS build, or a Mac build, or a web build?
The latest version of App42 is 2.9.4 and AppWarp is 1.10. For AppWarp, there are three DLLs. One is AppWarpUnity.dll which should be used for Mac/Win/Web builds. Other one is AppWarpUnityMobile.dll which should be used when building for iOS and Android. And the last one is AppWarpUnityWP8.dll when building for Windows Phone 8.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com