Authentication Error on WarpClient Initialization using AS3

0 votes
I'm using the AS3 Realtime multiplayer Snake game demo from the site. I replaced the API and Secret key with the one I created in the dashboard.

On running the game, I can see a text on the screen wich says "Connecting to server" and then "Joining the room", but the game never starts, When I trace the result values I get errors.

In the AppWarp.as class I keep getting an Authentication Error code (1) in the connect function. And in the ConnectDone function I get an error code (5).

Any idea why this could be happening with multiplayer?

Thanks,

Mariam
asked Oct 22, 2014 in AppWarp by mariam.dholkawala (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

Can you please write the following statement in connect method defiend In appwarp.as after the initialisation of WarpClient.

WarpClient.enableTrace(true);

This will enable the logs. Then share these logs here. It will help us to understand what's the error. The latest version of sample can be downloaded from here https://github.com/SuyashMShepHertz/SnakeWars

Thanks

answered Oct 24, 2014 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
Thanks For the suggestion. I've enabled the logs and the error I'm getting is a Socket Error.

AppWarpTrace 11:33:53 GMT+0530:[HTTP]Recieved : {"address":"50.112.*.*"}
AppWarpTrace 11:33:54 GMT+0530:[Socket]IO Error : [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2031: Socket Error. URL: 50.112.*.*" errorID=2031]
Can you give me your API Key?
Hi, If you search about this error, you will find out that this is an issue related to flash security. Make sure you are not restricting your swf to local playback only. Check build settings. What editor are you using?
Yes I'm aware of this solution related to Flash security.
In the editor I'm using i.e. Flash Develop ->Project Properties->Compiler Options, I have the User Network Services set to true. But still the error.

Is there an AppWarp API to handle Socket Errors in AS3?
We are using Flash builder and are not facing any issue. The issue may be with how Flash Develop is configuring Air SDK to build the SWF
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com