How to remove DB

0 votes
I have been using StorageService and added some JSON documents to it. After that I want to rename my DB but error raised and said there is already a DB existing.

I try to remove the DB from App42 Management Console and found Storage Service section inside Technical Service Manager. However I can only see "Remove Colllection" and "Remove JSON Document" actions but do not know how to remove the DB and create a new one.

Thanks for help
asked Nov 25, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by 3tgames.dev (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
There is no option to delete or rename your db however you can truncate your database by deleting all collection inside it.

This feature is already in our pipeline and would take 3-4 weeks time frame to hit the production.

Will update this thread as soon as it is available.
answered Nov 25, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
Thanks for reply
Any progress on this? I think most developers (including me) are creating a test-database first that they later want to rename or delete.
Each database is associated with given app. People normally creates test app (and hence test database) and then move to production app by creating new production app.  You can create a new app at any time and give a new name to associated database and you have to just change the API Key and Secret Key in your app.

This feature is not scheduled yet cause we are currently revamping your UI however it will tentatively  be in production by mid of May.
This feature is available to use now with our new UI. Please check and let us know if you need any additional help
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com