Social Service LinkUserFacebookAccount() returns appErrorCode 1400 - The request parameters are invalid

0 votes
When using appHQ to link an fbid (username) to App42 I don't enounter any errors, but when I call LinkUserFacebookAccount(username, accesstoken, callback) via the Unity3d API, I receive a n exception appErrorCode 1400 saying that the request parameters are invalid. I use the facebook id as the username string parameter the and the facebook access token as the accesstoken parameter but the error still happens on the unity3d api. I already set the facebook credentials for my facebook app on the settings in appHQ. Please help on how to fix this, thanks.
asked Mar 12, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by jonathan.cortes (56 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

LinkUserFacebookAccount(username, accesstoken, callback)  is working fine , can you elaborate some details, i.e about your unity version and on which platform you are getting this exception. Or sharing some sample code.

answered Mar 13, 2014 by Akshay.Mishra (179 points)
Thanks for the reply, it was my error. I was mistakenly getting an access token for another facebook app. I managed to get the access token from the correct app and it works properly now. I was testing in the unity editor,  so I was hardcoding the access token from facebook's online Graph API, since the access token generated by the facebook sdk in unity editor is just a dummy one. I appreciate the help, thanks.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com