Unity3D - WinRT build fails: missing System.SystemException

0 votes
Hi guys,

We are currently using the newest app42 plugin (3.0.3) for Unity, but getting an error when building an universal windows store app (sorry, I only got the german console print out):

Assets\Plugins\App42_Unity3D_SDK_3.0.3.dll: error CS0011: Die Basisklasse oder Schnittstelle 'System.SystemException' in der Assembly 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089', auf die vom Typ 'com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.App42Exception' verwiesen wird, konnte nicht aufgelöst werden.

Looks like your are using System.SystemException in your dll, which is not supported for windows metro.

This is blocking our project completly, so please fix it as soon as possible!
closed with the note: Problem fixed itself
asked Dec 11, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by grofie (10 points)
closed Dec 11, 2014 by grofie
Hello Grofie,

Could you please let us know in which version of Unity you are working on?

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Hi Himanshu,

thank you for your fast reply. I was using 4.6.0p1 and now installed the newest stable version (4.6.1). Still got the same problem.
Somehow the problem fixed itself. I tried an older version and then the new one again, and now it seems to work. Thx allot anyways!

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Grofie,

Our Unity WinRT SDK is compatible with Unity 4.3 & lower version of Unity. We are working onto provide a patch to overcome on this issue. We will update this thread with the timeline soon.

Let us know if it feasible for you
Himanshu Sharma

answered Dec 11, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Any updates on this? I am using Unity 4.6.1 and cannot target Windows 8 store now with App42 Unity3D 3.1.1.
We our working into provide a patch to overcome on this issue and taking this on priority for you. We will keep you posted as we progress.

Thanks for having patience & support with us.
 Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com