Using AppWarp and App42 on the same application

0 votes

Hi!

I've implemented App42 functionality in my Unity application to store/fetch jSON data on your cloud servers and everything is fine.

Now I want to add AppWard functionality for realtime communication but I'm not able to make it work (I got error code 4 on the OnConnect event on the Listener). According to the documentation I can use both APIs on the same application and use the same keys for initialization.

This is my code:

void Awake () {

App42API.Initialize (CLOUD_API_KEYCLOUD_SECRET_KEY); 

userService = App42API.BuildUserService ();  
        storageService = App42API.BuildStorageService (); 
        WarpClient.initialize (CLOUD_API_KEYCLOUD_SECRET_KEY);
        WarpClient.GetInstance ().AddConnectionRequestListener (listen);
    }

So, what can I do to solve this problem?

Note that I created my app of App42 type, not AppWarp. Do I have to create a new application? If so, will I have 2 applications with 2 different keys? Or should I disable current application and create a new application of type AppWarp? In this case, will App42 APIs work on a AppWarp application?

Thank you.

asked Feb 20, 2015 in AppWarp by ramiro (22 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Hi Ramiro,

Yes you would need to create a new application of type AppWarp that can be used for both App42 as well as AppWarp.

API Key / Secret Key of AppWarp type of app works well in both the products but vice versa is not true.

Please let us know in case of any issues.
answered Feb 21, 2015 by NaveenGShephertz (244 points)
selected Feb 21, 2015 by ramiro
Yes - creating a new app of type Warp allows me to call both App42 and AppWarp APIs. I think you should clarify this requirement in the creation new app menu.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com