AppWarp Xamarin/Mono 1.5.1 Unable to Disconnect and Reconnect Immediately

0 votes
Hello,

I am developing an application using AppWarp on Xamarin.Android and I think I have found a bug with disconnecting and reconnecting again with connection resiliency enabled. Basically, if I have connection resiliency turned on and I call Disconnect() I get the callback saying that it disconnected successfully, but then if I try to Connect() again right away I always get an AUTH_ERROR and I have to wait until my RecoveryAllowance time expires before I can connect again. If I turn of connection resiliency it works fine. I have created a basic sample application that demonstrates this problem which you can find here:

https://bitbucket.org/feraask/appwarptest_xamarin_pcl/get/8ac35a9f1783.zip

All you need to do is fill in the apiKey and secretKey in the AppServices.cs file in the AppWarpText_Portable project and then run it, just type a username in the input box, hit connect, then disconnect, then connect again.
asked Mar 1, 2015 in AppWarp by feraask (45 points)
edited Mar 2, 2015 by feraask

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi feraask,

Since nearly no one was using Xamarin SDK, we deprecated this SDK. We haven't updated this SDK after 1.5.1 version. Therefore it misses all the new features and bugfixes.

If you want we can implement missing features for you but then it will take some time.

Thanks

answered Mar 2, 2015 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
Yes, if you guys could update it to fix this and implement the missing features I would greatly appreciate it especially the disconnect and reconnect issue and sending a private update. Please just let me know when the update is ready.
Hi,
Ok. We will update this SDK for you. But it will take some time. I will update you once we have  updated this SDK.
Thanks
Hello, I'm just wondering how the update process for the SDK is coming along and if there is a possible ETA?

Thanks.
Hi! Ferask,
We are targeting mid of April to release the update for Xamarin SDK
Thanks
Hi Ferask,

We have created the latest build for xamarine SDK.
Please find it at http://cdn.shephertz.com/repository/files/19b5d3409bf22f86f17dc1cdd52c5c31f3dececcf7d139c09ed78ab99e75f6e1/2f235d87bb89b14481329ecd265122ada9d804f2/AppWarpMonoLibrary.dll

It includes all the missing APIs.
Please let me know if you come across any other issues related to the SDK.

Regards,
Kanika Mittal
AppWarp Team
Alright it seems I've come across a pretty big issue with this build. Whenever I try to disconnect() from AppWarp I never get the OnDisconnectDone callback and then I get a socket exception thrown and the app crashes. Do you guys think you could fix this?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com