Get all facebook friends from link user not working?

0 votes
Hi,

I have integrated facebook unity sdk in my app and developed a social leaderboard in it. The global leaderboards work fine but in friends leaderboard the leaderboard service does not return all facebook friends. It returns the user and one random facebook friend. I also tried getting names from the social service using get friends from link user, but that too returns the same.

Thank You

Kunal
asked Mar 5, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by codeandart.games (21 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi  Kunal,

In New Facebook Graph API 2.0 ,Friend list is no longer part of the default permission set and has its own permission. The new permission is called user_friends that can be used in your case.

I think you are using Facebook v2, this will only return those users who have installed the Facebook app not your all Facebook friends.

Let me know if it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
// Naresh Dwivedi

answered Mar 5, 2015 by naresh (350 points)
Hi,

I have already added the user_friends permission to my login call.

My app is already live on Google Play and App store and i checked few devices already and most of them had facebook app installed on them. Still the facebook leaderboard does not work properly.

Thanks,
Kunal
Hello Kunal,

Apologies for getting late back to you.

Please make sure your Facebook friends have scored in your game to generate the leaderboard for the same. For Facebook V2.0 apps,  graph API  only returns the list of user who have successfully installed and played your game, rest of the friends will not be part of the list.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com