What is the best practice to implement messaging functionality?

0 votes
Hello!

I would like to know how should I implement a functionality of messaging using app42 BaaS (Unity - Andoid and iOS). Can it be implemented in a way where user A sends a message to user B and user B gets something like OnMessageRecieved(msg) event?

A method should be invoked when user B recieve a message.

I would like to avoid Push notifications sice they are not 100% reliable, and Buddy service GetAllMessages() because I want to make api call only when i recieve message.

Please advise me how should I deal with implementing this functionality.

Thank you for your answer.
asked Mar 5, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by kraner (43 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Hi kraner,

For implementing messaging functionality you can use Message/Queue Or buddy services provides a way to post a message on cloud and then receive that message on other end. However this APIs do not provide listener and is pull based. So using these service for messaging you might end up with making lots of API call and it is not suitable for multiplayer kind of application.
AppWarp solution is suited for this kind of application and can be implemented on cross platform for multiplayer messaging. See here  for more details about the same.

Let me know if it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
// Naresh Dwivedi

answered Mar 5, 2015 by naresh (350 points)
selected Mar 6, 2015 by kraner
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com