Why desktop API is not included in App42 AS3 SDK?

0 votes
In the past there used to be an actionscript swc file that supported App42 on desktop Air-based As3 application, but in the recent SDKs (2.6 and 2.7) its not there anymore, does that mean that App42 does not support Windows and Mac OSX?
asked Apr 17, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by amjad.yahya1 (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Amjad,

You can download the App42 AS3 SDK from hereit will contain the two sub folders under version folder which have the SDK for Mobile/Desktop and Web apps.  Mobile SDK will work for both desktop and mobile apps, if you are facing any issue then let us know the complete exception details. It will help us to provide better support to you. 

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Apr 17, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
I used the mobile swc but when I try to create a user I get this exception error: Unexpected end of input.

The above error does not give any clues of what I did wrong, maybe you can figure it out.

I started by initializing the service with App42API.initialize("api_key","secret_key"), then I create a userService, after which  I call userService.createUser(), the call back gives me the above error.
I have posted the exception, can you respond please
Could you please enable the internal logs of this method and share with us? It will help us to provide better support to you. To print the internal logs of this method, put the below line of code after initializing App42 API:
App42Log.setDebug(true);

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Here is what I get:
Json String : {"app42":{"user":{"password":"123456","email":"nick@shephertz.co.in","userName":"Nick"}}}
Signature : CDig312l9oAcRsfO2l8CRFdE%2BWo%3D
Http url : 1.0/user
QueryString is ?
Requested URL is https://api.shephertz.com/cloud/1.0/user?
 Setting Header value : SDKName : AS3
 Setting Header value : apiKey : ****************************
 Setting Header value : dataACL : [{"null":null}]
 Setting Header value : resource : user
 Setting Header value : signature : CDig312l9oAcRsfO2l8CRFdE%2BWo%3D
 Setting Header value : timeStamp : 2015-04-19T12:34:33.750Z
 Setting Header value : version : 1.0
[SWF] app42Test.swf - 581,319 bytes after decompression
fail: Error: Unexpected end of input
Does the service support Windows XP SP3 32-bit (my working environment)?, because I have just tested the same code on a Mac OSX 10.9 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit and both ran the code with no errors!
The exception which you are having is because of your application request failed to connect App42 Cloud API. It may because of your remote system does not allow to call action-script API or any other networking issues. Though we have not tested it on XP based system however it is written using core networking API of AS3 and should work on the platform which supports AS3.

Thanks,
HimanshU Sharma
It's unlikely that my system has any network issues because I am able to call other network-driven AS3 APIs such as Facebook and other BaaS providers, App42 AS3 SDK is using REST api calls to communicate with App42 servers and I have never had any problems with any service that is using REST calls.

That being said, I'm more convinced that this issue is related to my operating system (Windows XP 32-bit) because I have tested it on Windows 7 and OSX 10.9 without any issues.
Hello Amjad,

We have recorded your request for the stated environment on our issue tracker list which you can find from the below link:

https://github.com/shephertz/App42-Issue-Tracker/issues/4

Also we recommend you to upgrade from XP to Windows 7 or higher because XP is older version of Windows and most of the advance services are not supported on it.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Hello Himanshu,

Thanks you for posting my request, I hope this issue could be fixed.
No worry, the concern team will definitely get back on this. Let me know if you need further information regarding this.
Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Nothing so far..
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com