SDK 4.0 with Unity for Windows Store compiler errors

0 votes

I just tried your new 4.0 build with the Windows Store within Unity support.  Can't get it to compile.  I followed your instructions in the readme.  I uncheck WSAPlayer after clicking App42-Unity3D-SDK-4.0.dll but when I try to compile I get "The type or namespace name 'com' could not be found" in every script that I try to use app42.  If I check WSAPlayer just to see what happens I don't get that error, although I do get other compiler errors.  And I did put the App42-Unity3D-SDK-WinRT-4.0.dll file in the Assets/plugins/metro folder.

related to an answer for: Unity3D, Windows Store and App42
asked May 15, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by allan.kaliel (10 points)
Hi Allan,
It seems that something is wrong when setting Windows Store Environment.
I presume you already put both the dlls (i.e. App42-Unity3D-SDK-4.0.dll and App42-Unity3D-SDK-WinRT-4.0.dll) in Assets/plugins and Assets/plugins/metro respectively .
Can you please share the compilation errors you are getting?
Yes, I put both dll's into those respective locations.  The compilation error is simply that the namespace 'com' could not be found on any script that has:

using com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp;    
using com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.game;   

It seems to be related to when I uncheck WSAPlayer from App42-Unity3D-SDK-4.0.dll.
Hi Allan,
Can you please share your sample project on support@shephertz.com?
I won't be able to email my project.  It's several gigabytes.
Have you tried SDK sample and if yes then their also are you getting the same error message ?
I tried your sample and it also doesn't work.  Same errors.  I noticed when I opened it up that it's defaulted to the Web Player platform.  I changed the platform to Windows Store and set it to 8.1 Universal.

It compiles fine if I leave it to Web Player.  But that's not going to work if we're trying to compile it for Windows Store.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Allan,

It looks very strange because we have tested from our end and its working fine. Please make sure you have followed all the steps mentioned in the project readme. If you still getting any exception then please share your Unity version and OS details in which you are working on? It will help us to provide better support to you. Also if possible then share the exception screenshots at mailto:support@shephertz.com. It will help us to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
answered May 22, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hello Allan,

We are working on this issue with Unity and release the patch in the mid of next week. Once the patch will available for use, will update this thread . Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
According to Unity you guys need to recompile your plugin because they are not compatible with Unity 5.0.2 and upwards.  These are the instructions they had me follow.  And the current App42 version 4.0 still doesn't work.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/windowsstore-plugins.html
Hello Allan,

We have resolved this issue from our end, kindly download the latest version of App42 SDK and let me know if it helps.
https://github.com/shephertz/App42_Unity3D_SDK

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Appears to be fixed.  Thanks for your help!
Should this App42 SDK also work on Unity 4.6.X (4.6.7)?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com