Push Notification Issues

0 votes

First of all thanks to you guys providing such a good platform for Android Application. As, I am using your push notification services in my Android App. Now, I want some specific changes for my app.

My main requirement is when notification is recieved by any user than he just click on to it. I need that notification message should open in my app.
But, Right now what happening is when user clicks on notification to see it. It normally opens the app but that notification doesnt comes in to the app.

And Secondly, I want to store those notifications in that app for a user. As well as how to send Images in the Notification.

If possible could you please send me any Sample Activity for the same. So, that i should use that code in my App. 
Please help for this.

Thanks.

Regards 

Prabhjas Singh

asked May 27, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by prabhjassinghbajwa (25 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hi Prabhjas,

As per our previous discusion is concern you have to pass message in notification Intent and have to retrieve it in onStart() method of that Activity. Now you are able to message to user.

If you want to implement Image Push as well that you can download our Rich Push Widget. It will show how can you send Push Notification messsage in following formats:

• HTML
  • Text
  • Video
  • YouTube

For storing Push messages you can use SharedPrefences or SQLLite Databse of android and retrieve all message when required.

Let me know if further help is concern.

Thanks

Vishnu

answered May 27, 2015 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
selected May 27, 2015 by prabhjassinghbajwa
It depends on your Manifest.xml file, remove action from MainActivity.java file to launch the application.
    <action android:name="android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE" />

One more thing I want to add whatever code you are writing you must have a knowledge about that code.
Thanks, App is working the one which you shared with me but while sending push messages they are not getting opened in that application.
Thanks a lot. I have made it working. Now just implementing how to send images as a push notification through my shephertz account as i couldn't see any option over there.
How to save these push notifications in the app?
You can save the notification message when they received your side using:
1. Shared Preferences
2. SQLite database
3. Save them in file
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com