Is there a delay in leaderboards?

0 votes
I have been playing around with unity and leaderboards and everything seems to be nice and simple.
For some reason I can't get latest scores while fetching those to rankings through API.
It seems that I'm unable to get real-time data from leaderboards.
Have tried several methods and updates to the leaderboard, but it seems that I'm only getting yesterdays rankings.

Is there are some kind of delay or caching?
asked Jul 14, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Ville-Veikko Pasanen (16 points)
Which method are you using for getting the rank? Date range based ranking has lag of few hours if you are trying to fetch today's data.
Last night while playing with it:
I am mainly concerned with following methods:

scoreBoardService.GetTopNRankings(gameName,topScoreCount,cb );
        scoreBoardService.GetTopRankings(gameName, cb);

Updated leaderboards through Web UI and API, though I believe it would be the same deal.

Previously when I created these leaderboards, I got errors (from the same methods) that game does not exist, few days later same code worked perfectly.
Adding score and getting best score of for specific user didn't suffer from this issue at that time.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi,

Looks like we had some issue on the caching layer for this method for few of the apps and that was the reason of delay. We have fixed this issue at our end and should be fine now. 

Thanks.

answered Jul 15, 2015 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com