Daily Leaderboard

0 votes

Hi, I want to use daily leaderboard in the challenge mode of my game. For this i need retrieve scores for 30 top users ang give them daily awards. Please tell me how can i get current time and date from the server, or how can i create daily leaderboard to reset it each day and give award for users, than begin the proccess again.

asked Aug 5, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Arm Nomads (10 points)
Hi Arm Nomads
I also try to have weekly leaderboards and give awards to users. Could you manage to achieve it?

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Arm,

You can get the current time usingTimer sservice method, please have a look at this link for the code snippet. To create leaderboard on daily basis, you need to create multiple games through App42 API by name like GameName + Day1, GameName + Day2 and so on. Once your records reaching the last day of month, you can delete the game of first day or first week to reset it. 

Please have a look at this tutorial and let me know if you need any other help from my side.

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Aug 5, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Thanks Himanshu Sharma  ..  And ,  does Time service give also  current Date ? Or  only  current  Time ?
Hello Arm,

You will get the time in UTC format which contain complete details like year, month , date as shown in the below :.

Time : 2015-08-06T05:37:33.660Z

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com