How to build viking demo for Appwarp S2 sdk on Windows Phone 8?

0 votes

When I tried to build Viking demo I get the following error:

I am using Unity 4.5.0f

Error building Player: Exception: Error: type `System.Timers.Timer` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from AppWarpS2Unity.dll at com.shephertz.app42.gaming.multiplayer.client.ClientChannel.
Error: type `System.Net.Dns` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from AppWarpS2Unity.dll at System.Void ...........................

SO I Replaced the "AppWarpS2Unity_1.0.8.dll" with "AppWarpS2UnityWP8_1.0.8.dll"

and then I get the Following:

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When I Placed "AppWarpS2UnityWP8_1.0.8.dll" into "Assets/Plugins/WP8" and "AppWarpS2Unity_1.0.8.dll" in its original location then I get first error again.

When I remove "AppWarpS2Unity_1.0.8.dll" then I get all appwarp namespace not found errors.

So Please let me know if anyone knows how to build this

Thank You.

asked Aug 5, 2015 in AppWarpS2 by devang024 (15 points)
edited Aug 5, 2015 by devang024

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Devang,

We've actually updated our SDK, but I think the Viking sample was built from our older SDK. Please check out latest sample along with the new SDK from here...

Set port number as 12346.
If you face any further problems, feel free to ask.

Also, We will make these changes live asap.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumit Balodi
answered Aug 5, 2015 by sumit.balodi (40 points)
Thank for reply.
Again I get the errors when builing for Windows Phone 8
Reference rewriter: Error: type `System.Timers.Timer` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from AppWarpS2Unity.dll at com.shephertz.app42.gaming.multiplayer.client.ClientChannel.

and many other like 10-12 errors.
Could this be because of out dated windows phone 8 SDK?

Are you able to build atleast for Windows Phone 8?

And which SDK you are using?
Please help me if you could,
Thanks
Hi,

We are trying to recreate this issue at our end,
in the meanwhile you can check for minimal System Requirements (for Windows Store/Windows Phone development) i.e.

-> Windows Phone SDK 8.0 requires 64-bit Windows 8 Pro or higher. You can't develop Windows Phone 8 apps on Windows 7, on Windows Server 2008, or on Windows Server 2012.

-> Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 or higher

You can also try following approach
Step 1 : Create a new dll file by creating a copy of the existing dll
Step 2 : Paste new dll under directory /Assets/Plugins by creating a new folder (for example /Assets/Plugins/WindowsUniversal).
Step 3 : Click on the new dll and go to the Inspector panel, deselect WSAPlayer and WP8Player and select all other platforms (including Editor) and click on the Apply button
Step 4 : Click on the 'existing' dll and go to the Inspector panel, select WSAPlayer and WP8Player and deselect all other platforms (including Editor) and click on the Apply button
Step 5 : Rebuild the game.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumit Balodi
Thanks..
I followed your points and i Managed to build with following:
1) Paste "AppWarpS2UnityWP8.dll" in "Assets/Plugins/WindowsUniversal" and set WP8Player flag and deselect all

2) For "AppWarpS2Unity.dll" flag is set for all flag except WP8Player.

Thanks Again for Directions.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com