504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT when calling GetTopNRankers with a time span

0 votes
I have 8 Windows Phone games that uses the leaderboard service. Each leaderboard in my games have "All", "Month" and "Day" filtering, and the Month and Day filtering is currently giving me 504 almost all the time in all (!) of my games. The problem sees to be when calling GetTopNRankers with start and end date. All-filtering works fine - if this is because of caching or something I don't know (All is default in my UI so this api method gets called more often).

In my Windows Phone game I get JSON Parsing Exception in Newtonsoft.Json.WindowsPhone.dll after a long time, but I guess this is because I don't get valid json back. I tested the api calls for one of my games using the Javascript SDK, and it was here I got the 504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT. The request url looked like this (api key etc in header):

https://api.shephertz.com/cloud/1.0/game/scoreboard/White/ranking/2015-09-01T20:10:30.106Z/2015-09-05T20:10:30.106Z?version=1.0

From Windows Phone I'm using App42_WINDOWS_PHONE_SDK_2.4. An API-call looks like this:
var callback = new App.App42ApiCallback(GetScoresCallbackWeek);
_scoreBoardService.GetTopNRankers(mode, DateTime.Now.AddDays(-7), DateTime.Now, 50, callback);

This has been a problem for a while in my games, and the odd thing is that all my games have the same problem.

Looking forward to an answer,
Rune
asked Sep 3, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by runesel (20 points)
Hello Runesel,

Could you please let me know, what is your App and Game names which you have registered in the AppHQ Management Console and facing this issue. It will help us to provide better support to you.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
The app I tested is named NightChopper (5564fbe4f6dc8ae3644f77d63bb0dfc06e96fe81727e60bcde32a08813a36ea0) - and the game is called 'White'.

I can give you more app and game names if you want, but this is the one I tested using the JavaScript SDK (and WP SDK).

Thank you,
Rune

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Runesel,

Apologies for getting late back to you. Our production team has debug the issue and find that your game is build on lower version. Our team is working on it, it will take 1 week to move your game data from older version to new. Please share your app name and game names if you have more in AppHQ Management Console at support@shephertz.com.

It will help me to provide better support to you.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Sep 7, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
No problem with the delayed respose.

I will create a list of app and game names and send to you.

Best regards,
Rune
Thanks Rune, please do share all game names with us. It will help us to move all your games to newer version.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com