Push notifications are slow when sent from mobile app

0 votes
Hi, when sending push notifications via the AppHQ website, I receive them within a second or two which is great. When I use my mobile app to send them, they are taking 5 to 10 minutes. I am not having any issues reaching the Shephertz cloud and all other APIs such as authentication and storage services are performing very well. It is only when I push a message from the mobile app to another user that the slowness is noticeable. When I watch the push logs on the AppHQ website I can tell that the delay is from the mobile app to AppHQ because it takes awhile for the message to show up in the push logs. Once I see the message in the logs, the mobile device receives the push in just a second or two after that. I am using Corona with Android devices. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Scott
asked Jan 26, 2016 in Corona by gsglawson (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

Could you please let me know in which version of Corona you are working on? It will help us to provide better support to you. Also, if possible then please share internal logs of the method. To print the internal logs, put the below line of code just after the key initialization:

local App42Log = require("App42-Lua-API.App42Log")
App42Log:setDebug(true)

regards.
Himanshu Sharma
answered Jan 27, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Himanshu, not sure what happened but the push notifications started working normally again. Thanks for your help.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com