NameResolutionFailure when CreateUser() On Xamarin Ios

0 votes

Hi,

We are developing a mobile app in Xamarin Native, and we got the following execption when we are trying to create

a new user:

System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
  at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.connection.RESTConnectorAsync.ExecutePost (System.String url, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 paramsDics, System.String bodyPayLoad, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 headerParams) [0x0010b] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.user.UserService.CreateUser (System.String uName, System.String pwd, System.String emailAddress) [0x00125] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UrbinderFirstProject.iOS.UISignUp.signUp (System.String i_Email, System.String i_Password) [0x00002] in C:\Users\User\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\firstproj\UrbinderFirstProject\UrbinderFirstProject.iOS\UIClasses\UISignUp.cs:27 }

The weird thing is that we are devoloping to android in the same project and with the exacte same code,

but we get the execption only in iOS.

furthermore, the android code creates the user in the DB.

We are using this SDK: App42_CSHARP_SDK_2.0

The code:

private void signUp(string i_Email, string i_Password)
        {
            try
            {
                BackendServices.GetUserService.CreateUser(i_Email, i_Password, i_Email);
                txtSignUpResult_iOS.Text = "You Are Signed in as " + i_Email + "!";
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {

txtSignUpResult_iOS.Text = "Error: Please Check Youre User Credentials";

}
        }

i get this exeption: 
System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
  at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.connection.RESTConnectorAsync.ExecutePost (System.String url, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 paramsDics, System.String bodyPayLoad, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 headerParams) [0x0010b] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.user.UserService.CreateUser (System.String uName, System.String pwd, System.String emailAddress) [0x00125] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UrbinderFirstProject.iOS.UISignUp.signUp (System.String i_Email, System.String i_Password) [0x00002] in C:\Users\User\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\firstproj\UrbinderFirstProject\UrbinderFirstProject.iOS\UIClasses\UISignUp.cs:27 }

asked Feb 27, 2016 in iOS by kimkyltd (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Kim,

We are looking into this, could you please share some more details like in which version of Xamarin you are working on and the OS details. It will  help us to provide better support to you.

Regards.

Himanshu Sharma
answered Feb 29, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com