Update score in Leaderboard

0 votes
Hi Himanshu

I want to update user's score in leaderboard, but I cannot update it from script. It always shows max score of user. I can update it from AppHq console so there should be a way to do it from script as well.

Note:SaveUserScore does not do what I want !!

Thanks

Gökhan
asked Mar 7, 2016 in Unity by gokhan (20 points)
edited Mar 7, 2016 by gokhan

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Gokhan,

Please have  a look at editScore method, it will resolve your issue.

If you need any other help from my side, please let me know. 

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

App42 Team

answered Mar 8, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Is this the only way of updating score of a user in a leaderboard? In this case, we also have to save score id of the user for each of leaderboards? That is totally useless. There should be a way of updating user score with his username.

Another point, why leaderboard store only highest scores of users? User may also loose score as well...
The user name is not unique for us so to maintain uniqueness scoreID is provided.
To update a specific score scoreID is required.

Regarding your second concern, App42 persists all the scores which is saved and hence same users can have multiple scores. You can get the scores of a particular user using getScoresByUser API(http://api.shephertz.com/app42-docs/leaderboard-service/?sdk=iOS#get-scores-by-user).  

Let me know if you have any other queries.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com