Get friends from Facebook and send request

0 votes
Hi, I want to get the list of friends from the linked Facebook user (user log in through FB and the account is linked with App42). Which API should I use for this? After I have the list of friends, which API should I use to send friends sign up request with my app/App42? Thanks, Khanh
asked Apr 20, 2016 in iOS by khanhtnguyen85 (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Khanh,

Please find my answer inline for your query:

Ques: I want to get the list of friends from the linked Facebook user (user log in through FB and the account is linked with App42). Which API should I use for this?

Ans: You need to integrate Facebook SDK, please have a look at this link.

Ques: After I have the list of friends, which API should I use to send friends sign up request with my app/App42?

Ans: Once you have the list of those friends, you can send request on their Facebook wall using the Facebook SDK. Please have a look at above link and feel free to write us in case you need any help from our side.

We are happy to help you.

Regards,

Rajeev Ranjan

answered Apr 20, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Hi,

I already installed and downloaded the FBSDK. I have also already tested logging in via FB. After the user logged in through FB, the FB account is linked to App42 user management account using Ap42 Social Service.

My question is, after all of that, how do I get the list of friends from the linked account from FB?
I tried using the Social Service API Get Facebook Friends From AccessToken, but the friend lis does not return anything.

The other question is, let's say we get through the first problem/question and I have the friend list, which API is best to use to send app request?

Best,
Khanh
Hi,

Apologies for getting late back to you. Please find my answer inline for your query:
Ques: My question is, after all of that, how do I get the list of friends from the linked account from FB?
Ans: It might be because of none for your friend played that game. Because as per Facebook permissions, it returns list of those friends who actually played that game.

Ques: The other question is, let's say we get through the first problem/question and I have the friend list, which API is best to use to send app request?
Ans: You can use Facebook invite API to send app request(https://developers.facebook.com/docs/app-invites).

Let me know if it  helps.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com