What is Burst Limit?

0 votes
I see new restrictions on new pricing plan. What is burst limit and queue(their units? request/second?). Can you please explain it simply by giving examples?

1. How burst limit is calculated? Forexample, If I have 10.000 instant players on my game and 50 of them made a request at the same time, 10 of these request will not be exacuted if burst limit is 40? 50 instant request over 10.000 players(which is %0.5) may be a very common scenario I think?

2. Is there a distinguishable return code(error code) when a user hits the burst limit so that I can retry same request on background without noticing the player?

Thanks
asked May 12, 2016 in Unity by hakcan.atilim (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Hakcan,

The burst limit is calculated based on the request rate to App42 for an app in a small window. When an app hits the burst limit, any requests over the limit are rejected with 503 error code. So that developer can handle easily on the client side. 

If you think your app required the burst limit more than 40 than I will suggest you to post your query on sales@shephertz.com. They will help you out in details. Let me know if you need any help from my side. 

I will be happy to assist!!!

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered May 13, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com