Connection on Phone

0 votes
Hi,

I have recently moved and since then when trying to test my app on my phone, it will not connect to the server.

The result code from OnConnectDone is 5 and from OnJoindedRoomDone is connection_error. I still have the internet permission in the AndroidManifest and have changed the ip that AppWarp takes to my private ip. I have also tried my public ip, but this freezes my app.
asked Apr 1, 2014 in AppWarpS2 by scott.woolven (35 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Scott,

Can you clarify what do you mean by "moved"? Are the client (phone) and server machine still on the same private network? Are any other services running on the server machine accessible from the phone (eg: web server)?

How did you get your public IP? Have you hosted the server on some IaaS (like AWS) or is your ISP providing you a static public IP?
answered Apr 2, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
By pinging, I mean executing the ping command from the terminal prompt. Type the following

">ping 192.168.1.132"

The output shows you if the machine address is reachable or not from the machine where you are executing the command from. On most PCs/Macs ICMP Ping is enabled by default.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(networking_utility)

The ERROR log is benign and can be ignored - it has been removed from our newer builds.
2014-04-05 18:42:41,126 - INFO: TCP server started
means that AppWarp S2 server application is fine and so the issue is with your network setup.
Hi,
This is the log from the cmd run off of another machine:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.1.68

Pinging 192.168.1.68 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.68: bytes=32 time=603ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.68: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.68: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.68: bytes=32 time=394ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.68:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 603ms, Average = 251ms
Hmm.. so that suggests there is either some issue specifically with port 12346 on the server machine or the client.
By the way, are you able to connect to the AppWarp S2 application from the Admin Dashboard? The AdminDashboard also accesses AppWarp S2 on port 12346 only. Try running this (browser) on a different machine that where your server is running and see if you can create zones and rooms from it.
If this works (i.e. the dashboard) then we can say the problem is with the phone client else its with the server.
I can access the dashboard on the sever machine but it does nothing when I click sign in from another machine.
So the problem is then that your server machine is not allowing incoming connections to port 12346. Please have your system admin look in to why this is. Probably some firewall or anti-virus tool is blocking it. The other thing you can try is  (if you are working with the latest server side SDK) is to change the Listen Port in the AppConfig.json file to something like 80 or another port that you know is opened.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com