AppWarp Xamarin Can't Connect When Using Mobile Data

0 votes

Hello,

I am developing an application using AppWarp on Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS but I am unable to connect when using mobile data networks and not Wi-Fi. Everything works fine when using Wi-FI but once I switch to mobile data I never receive a callback for OnConnectDone. I am testing on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active running Android 5.1.1 and an iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9.3.2 using the AppWarpMono SDK v1.5.1.

Here is a link to a sample project demonstrating the issue, simply replace the apiKey and secretKey in the AppWarpTest_PCL/AppServices/AppServices.cs file and run the app and hit connect:

https://bitbucket.org/feraask/appwarptest_xamarin_pcl/get/5f7c0f5fed8f.zip

If you could please let me know what is going on and if there is a fix available I would greatly appreciate it!

asked Jul 3, 2016 in Xamarin by feraask (45 points)
edited Jul 3, 2016 by feraask

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Feraask,

Greetings!!!!!!!

It can be issue of network switching, Please do testing first when you are only connected with Mobile Data. If this case is working fine you are able to test the same project on Mobile Data.

But in case of network switching there is a little bit time when Network is off, and you will not be getting any callbacks.

Please let me know If it works on Mobile data and please share the logs in case of network switching.

Let me know the details.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg
answered Jul 4, 2016 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
Thanks for the quick reply! But I'm confused by what you mean by network switching there is only 1 network involved at a time because I turn off all other network connections. The issue is that I have Wi-Fi completely off and I am only using mobile data and when I try to connect to AppWarp it does not work at all. But then if I close the app and turn Wi-Fi on and open it again it and it is able to connect fine. So it is only not working when using Mobile data. If you just run the sample project I provided on a mobile device you should be able to easily reproduce the issue.

Also, how can I get the logs?

Lastly, is there a newer version of the AppWarp Xamarin/Mono SDK than v1.5.1 that I am using?
So have you made any progress on this? It is a major issue with the Xamarin SDK since being able to connect to AppWarp while mobile is one of the essential functionalities of the device. I'd really like to have this fixed as soon as possible since it is holding up the release of my app.

Thanks!
Can you please give me an update on what is happening? It has been 6 days with no response and this is a critical issue.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com