AppWarp Xamarin Not Working When Using Mobile Data

0 votes

Hello,

AppWarp for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android seems to be completely broken when trying to use it with Mobile Data only (i.e. 3G/4G) without Wi-Fi. When I try to call connect it just never returns on any device I try. If I turn on Wi-Fi everything seems to work fine so I am not sure what is happening but this is a critical issue on a mobile device which may not have Wi-Fi available. Can this please be fixed as soon as possible?

You can see more details about the issue here as well: http://forum.shephertz.com/?qa=9192/appwarp-xamarin-cant-connect-when-using-mobile-data

Also here is a simple Xamarin project for seeing the issue (remember this must be run on an actual device using only a mobile data connection NO Wi-Fi, see the other post for details): https://bitbucket.org/feraask/appwarptest_xamarin_pcl/get/5f7c0f5fed8f.zip

Thank You.

asked Jul 13, 2016 in Xamarin by feraask (45 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Feraask,

Apologies for late reply.

I have forwarded this to our development team. I will update you for the same as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,

Rajeev
answered Jul 16, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Okay thanks, if this process can be expedited in any way I would really appreciate it since this is a show stopping issue delaying my entire application release. Please let me know if there are any developments.
I tested your sample with Wi-Fi as well as on 3G on iPhone 5S with iOS-9.3.3 and it is working fine. I am not able to reproduce the above issue on my device.

Could you please let me know if there is any specific scenario in which it can be reproduced?
So I've been doing more testing with this and it seems that it is not working with my Galaxy S6 Active running Android 5.1.1 and 6.0.1 but it works fine on my HTC One M7 on Android 5.1.1, do you guys have a Samsung Galaxy S6 devices (especially the Active variant like I have) to test using the mobile network?

If I use Wi-Fi it works fine on the S6 Active. But when I only use mobile network (4G LTE) I never get a response call back when calling WarpClient.Connect().
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com