Timer running continuously on Server

0 votes
I want to make a timer which runs on your server continuously for 60 seconds, even though there is a user in the room or not. If user available and do certain task then it should be reset. Up to which limit i can create the different timers ? How I am gonna develop this Usecase on your server.
asked Aug 5, 2016 in Android by testdemo772 (47 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hi TestDemo,

Greetings!!!

You can override onTimerTick method in your RoomAdapter class. It runs continuously untill Room is deleted by the server if it is a Ghost Room.

You can write your custom time related logic in onTimerTick function according to your use case. For more information you can go through our Documentation Guide.

Let me know if more queries are concern.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg

answered Aug 5, 2016 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
selected Aug 6, 2016 by testdemo772
Does it possible without using AppWarpS2  ?
No, It's not. AppWarpCloud only provides the default functionality.You can not override functionality.
 You can run  timer on client side after creating a Room and do perform certain Task
But switching from AppWarp to AppWarpS2 is quite difficult and we already did much coding in AppWarp. Even I am not getting proper guide lines for it
AppwarpS2 is extended version of AppWarp, so almost functionality are same but in AppWarpS2 you can override functionality by writing your own business logic.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com