Appwarp Error Code 1

0 votes
Hi All

I am testing connection resilency feature of appwarp. After I test(connection lost and reconnect again), I close application and reopen it, appwarp returns me error code 1(Auth_error). Why is this happen? After I wait a while and reopen application it connects as expected.

Thanks
asked Aug 24, 2016 in Unity by gokhan (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Gokhan,

Greetings!!!!!!!!

When you closing the application without using DisConnect API, server treated user in paused state, and it will removed after a period of time.

So that is the reason you are getting Auth_Error, when you reOpen application just after closing it  as user is in paused state on server.

Let me know if more queries are concern.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg

answered Aug 25, 2016 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
Hi Vishnu
I tried Disconnect API as you said inside both OnApplicationQuit() and OnDestroy() methods. It works in unity editor. I have no longer take 1 error code. But when I test it on android, it does not work. I still get 1 error code. What you think? What should I do? Where should I call Disconnect API?
When you are calling Disconnect API it call but once the application is quit, It unable to communicate with server. But as I said if your connection state is either 2 or 3 you can use Connect API.
Let me know if it helps.
My Friend
I am not a master of appwarp. Please tell me the solutions in a clear way! You just say if it 2 or 3, use connect api? What is it? Should I first use connect api at the beginning of game. If it returns 1, should I check connection state? if the connection state is 2 or 3, should I use connect api again? Please write me in this way...All in all, U said use disconnect api before application quit(I did) and it does not work.
As I have already explain we have a connection resiliency feature so we don't remove user from server immediately after the connection is lost.If you opens the application again at a second time gap you will be getting Auth_Error as user is not removed by the server.
When application is quit disconnect is not called to server.

So I suggest you to call disconnect before Application.Quit
I call disconnect before application.Quit in unity. It works when I quit from in game UI. But it does not work when I quit by using harware home button on android. What should I do for home button?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com