Xcode error: Undefined symbols for architecture arm64

0 votes

Hello, I'm trying to build to my app to my iPhone for the first time since adding the AppWarp and App42 cloud plug ins and I'm getting this build error. I'm using Unity version 5.4.3p2, plugins are App42 Unity SDK 4.1.2 & AppWarp Unity SDK v 1.10, and building through XCode version 8.1.

Here's the error message:

Ld /Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/Atatikon.app/Atatikon normal arm64
    cd "/Users/doug/Documents/game development/iOS_Builds/Atatikon/atatikon"
    export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.0
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch arm64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS10.1.sdk -L/Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -L/Users/doug/Documents/game\ development/iOS_Builds/Atatikon/atatikon -L/Users/doug/Documents/game\ development/iOS_Builds/Atatikon/atatikon/Libraries -F/Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -filelist /Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Atatikon.LinkFileList -Xlinker -map -Xlinker /Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Atatikon-LinkMap-normal-arm64.txt -miphoneos-version-min=10.0 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Atatikon_lto.o -Xlinker -no_deduplicate -fembed-bitcode-marker -stdlib=libc++ -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -weak_framework CoreMotion -weak-lSystem -liPhone-lib -framework CoreText -framework AudioToolbox -weak_framework AVFoundation -framework CFNetwork -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -weak_framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework Foundation -weak_framework iAd -framework MediaPlayer -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework SystemConfiguration -framework UIKit -liconv.2 -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Atatikon_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/doug/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-flurquoeldppscgdguqkdatbmlga/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/Atatikon.app/Atatikon

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
  "__CloseUdpIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__CloseUdpIos_m212810184 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__CloseUdpIos_m212810184)
  "__ReadUdpIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__ReadUdpIos_m521009020 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__ReadUdpIos_m521009020)
  "__CreateUdpIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__CreateUdpIos_m3826989989 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__CreateUdpIos_m3826989989)
  "__CloseIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__CloseIos_m750100725 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__CloseIos_m750100725)
  "__ReadIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__ReadIos_m2487261756 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__ReadIos_m2487261756)
  "__SendIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__SendIos_m958229806 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__SendIos_m958229806)
  "__ConnectIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__ConnectIos_m3976728868 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__ConnectIos_m3976728868)
  "__SendUdpIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__SendUdpIos_m2470221550 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__SendUdpIos_m2470221550)
  "__CreateIos", referenced from:
      _ClientChannel__CreateIos_m2120496054 in Bulk_AppWarpUnityMobile_0.o
     (maybe you meant: _ClientChannel__CreateIos_m2120496054)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks for any help!

asked Dec 8, 2016 in Unity by duggo42 (17 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Hi,

Apologies for late reply.

Could you please confirm that you are using AppWarpUnity.dll or AppWarpUnityMobile.dll?

If you are using AppWarpUnityMobile.dll then please if you have added the iOS plugins which comes with the SDK and you have kept them under Assests->Plugins->iOS.

It will help us to provide better support from our side.

Thanks.
answered Dec 12, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
selected Dec 12, 2016 by duggo42
Yes, I'm using AppWarpUnityMobile.dll and that solved the issue! Sorry, I don't recall seeing that requirement (keeping it in ../assets/plugins/iOS/,) in the documentation, but I guess I could have easily missed it.

Thanks again for the help!
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com