Different Error Texts On Android and On Unity Editor When Wifi is Off

0 votes

Hello All

I am testing my game both on editor and on android devices. I test when wifi is off and different error messages fired on different platforms. On Editor it says: "com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.App42Exception: WWW Connection Error :: Could not resolve host: api.shephertz.com; Host not found"  . On Android device it says: " com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.android.App42Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "api.shephertz.com": No address associated with hostname".

Is it normal to get different error messages? 

If it is notmal how can I check "internet connection is off" error? I asked this question many times

Thanks

asked Dec 19, 2016 in Unity by gokhan (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Gokhan,

The exception message which you are getting is generated by default from the OS, not through the SDK. So yes, based on the platform it might get change. If you want to handle this type of cases than you can use Unity API (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/NetworkReachability.html) to check the network connection.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Dec 20, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi Himanshu
I get these error messages via app42 sdk. So, I understand that app42 sdk does not have a error code/message that indicates connection error, right? Unity api does not provide a method to understand if there is connection or not.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com