Global and Lobby Chat using AppWarp

0 votes
I was wondering if it is possible to implement different chats using AppWarp, between which the client can switch while playing a game. For example, while being in a game room they would have the option to switch between global, private and lobby chats. How can I implement this using AppWarp? Using the subscribe function does not let the user send messages to the room they subscribed to, it is restricted to only their current room.
asked Sep 1, 2017 in Java by Gal Peric (22 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Hi Gal Peric,

AppWarp supports sending a message in a room/lobby or to a person privately. To send a private message you don't really need to be in the same room he is in. E.g. If you are in a room A and the other person is in room B, you can still chat with him using sendPrivateChat API.

To send chat to a room/lobby, you have to join room/lobby. If you are in a room then you can not send chat to that room only and the players who have subscribed to the room will receive the message.

Please let me know if you have any query, I will be happy to help you.
answered Sep 4, 2017 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
selected Sep 4, 2017 by Gal Peric
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com