Upcoming European Data Security Guideline at May, 25th 2018

+1 vote
Hi, on May, 25th - 2018 the new European Data Security Guideline will be in place. This policy is also valid for NON-Eu companies - if they have European users. Since my Games uses a Login procedure at App42 Servers - where Username, eMail and Passwords of the individual users are saved - I need to know what kind of Privacy Policy is for App42 in place - so I can refere to it. Best regards Werner Schmidtberg
asked Apr 9, 2018 in Announcements by werner.schmidtberg (15 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Hi Werner,

Greetings!!!

You can use the ACL technique to provide security to your login data like username emailId, password, or any other metadata which you will store in Storage Service.

In storage service, you can store the login data as a JSON document and by using Grant Access on Doc API you can grant the permission specified in the ACL list to a user on a given document ID and prevent the unauthorized access of the data.

In case if you have any other queries please do feel free to reach out to us.

We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Priyanka Singh

App42 Team

answered Apr 9, 2018 by anonymous
0 votes

Hello Priyanka Singh,

first of all I would like to state that I find your product cool and very professional. 

And many thanks for your answer, but my question is from more formal nature: Securing user data by ACL technology is the one thing - but it's not sufficient to fullfill the European Data Security Guideline 2018. Now, to cut a long story short: this guideline forsees, that every part of an IT-Service (App or the underlying third party services - like i.e. App42, Flurry, Google, Apple iCloud) - who manage individualized personal user data (i.e. names, addresses, eMail etc) must ensure complete data transperency what and how they're doing things with the data (thanks to Facebook angry) . And without the dedicated consent of the user, such companies are not allowed to sell any of this data. All this things are now handled by this guideline and all IT-companies or indie developers like me - must have a Privacy Policy which refers to it. Apple, Google, Dropbox, Flurry have already adjusted their guidelines to fullfill requirements.

Therefore I need also a reference to AppShepertz Privacy Policy to incoporate this reference into my Privacy Policy. Believe me, here in Europe, but also in the US most companies and indies have underestimated that thing (me too)... and now they all are in a complete trouble to match the due date May 25th.

Best regards

Werner

answered Apr 10, 2018 by werner.schmidtberg (15 points)
Apologies for the delayed response.
Our team is already looking into it and I will let you know once it is done from our side.
Also, could you please share that what are the things you need from our side. You only need information about it or something else so that once it is done I can share the same with you.
So, where do I find Documents / Proof of GDPR Compliance / Terms and Agreements / Privacy Policies?
We have updated our policies with respect to GDPR compliance. The complete information can be found here(http://www.shephertz.com/legal/gdpr-resources.php).

Please let me know in case of any further queries.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com