Problems with receiving chat messages

0 votes
Hello.
I'm using appWarp SDK for Flash. Sometimes i am not receiving chat messages when it is sent on another device. Example: i have device1 and device2 connected to same room. On device1 i use function that send 5 chat messages when player make some move. This player made 3 moves and send 15 messages. In onChatReceived listener on device1 i received all 15 messages from appWarp. But on device 2 i received only 1-6 and 10-15 messages so i lost 7, 8 and 9. It happens not always but maybe on evrery 30-40 iteration.

Does appWarp guarantees that all devices connected to same room will receive all messages that being sent from this devices? (i dont call initUDP function in appwarp initialization)
asked Apr 18, 2014 in AppWarp by makskamyshnikov (10 points)
edited Apr 18, 2014 by makskamyshnikov

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, the default communication is over TCP. So that is guaranteed to be in-oreder and reliable.

If you can get a consistent way to reproduce this issue (either a specific payload string or a specific number of messages), please let us know and we can investigate it further.
answered Apr 19, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
Hi supryin - can you perhaps share your project (github or zip file) so that we can run it locally and try to reproduce the problem? You can also send it to us offline over email - support@shephertz.com

It just seems strange that if the issue is within the SDK - then you should be able to reproduce it with the test code shared by suyash.

Also note that running on the same wifi shouldn't matter since while they might have the same public IP, the ports are different and the server will not mix them up.
Hi dhruvc,
thanks for the answer!
Unfortunately the project is quite big and sensitive. We cannot share it as a whole...
makskamyshnikov already shared the relevant parts.
>Also note that running on the same wifi shouldn't matter since while they might >have the same public IP, the ports are different and the server will not mix them >up.
Yes, sure. But how this situation with the devices A,B,C was possible?
May be u r using IP address somewhere to identify the devices?
I see.. can you edit the test code shared by Suyash and replace the chat messages with the exact payloads that are being generated in your application? Perhaps its something to do with the payload of the message.
ok, we rethought. we can give an access to our bitbucket to one person. Please provide me the mail address. And thanks a lot!
We rely on your discretion and on your understanding of the confidentiality of that matter.
Can you please send us a mail on support@shephertz.com with a reference to this thread? We can then discuss further over mail.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com