ShepHertz App42 Cloud and AppWarp Security

+1 vote
Hello,

I am developing an application for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 using the Windows Runtime and App42 Cloud and AppWarp API's.

I would just like to know if there is any sort of security enabled for all communication between devices and the ShepHertz servers? Whenever I do any sort of sending messages, updates, intializing with API/Secret key's, sending/receiving data, etc... is the data encrypted or protected in any way (like SSL)?
asked Apr 21, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by feraask (45 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
App42 data goes over HTTPS.

AppWarp data goes over TCP directly. Note that we never send your secret key in plane text over the wire. Its only the signature that is visible. If eavsdropping is a concern, you can encrypt/decrypt specific byte arrays or string messages that you exchange with the server which you feel contain sensitive information. The SDK doesn't do it by default as it would reduce the performance for realtime communication.
answered Apr 21, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com