connection error 5 outside of Eclipse [solved]

0 votes

I am fairly new to AppWarp. My program works when launched from Eclipse but receives an error code 5 when launched outside of Eclipse after being packed into a jar. The error code comes when connecting with username. I'm sure my keys are correct since I double checked and they work from Eclipse. I've used WarpClient.enableTrace(true) but it seems like it's not giving me anything. I'm trying to see what's different from launching from Eclipse to launching outside of it but so far I've got nothing.

EDIT: Okay, I think I'm getting somewhere. After "digging through stuff", it seems to be some JSON problem. Although both launches (from and out of Eclipse) seem to parse through the same string (something like "{"address":"xx.xxx.xxx.xx"}"), the one out of Eclipse returns an exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Stub! at org.json.JSONObject. Will look furthur.

EDIT: So I found that the problem was caused by some building in Eclipse. My Eclipse had the Android SDK and I think that that was somehow interfering with the building, so I installed a vanilla Eclipse, exported the jar from that, and it worked.

asked May 4, 2014 in AppWarp by seann999 (10 points)
edited May 5, 2014 by seann999

1 Answer

0 votes
Great! :)

If you need any other help, you can post it here anytime.
answered May 6, 2014 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com