How to reset scoreboard(weekly) using server side custom codes?

0 votes
We are succesfully populating the scoreboard and would like to give rewards etc for our users in the lead. In order to do so we are getting the "N" many top rankings and add reward to them using an app on our side. But every time we do this we also need to "select all" from apphq and delete entries from scoreboard for the new week manually.

Therefore I need help getting a server side custom code scheduled at 10080 minutes(a week) to work as a ways to reset the leaderboard (and add top N user to reward page if possible, if not we'll keep on using the aforementioned app). However, upon watching the tutorial and trying to add scoreboard deletion to the sample code for server side custom code I was unable to do so.

Any code example(s) and or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Onur DİLEK
asked Jun 12, 2014 in AppWarp by onurdilek (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

HI Onur DİLEK,

I will recommend you to create a new game on every week so that you can easily delete your scoreboard by just delete the game name from AppHQ console.

If you don't delete the game or you maitain than you can maintain as level of the game and shows the leaderboard based every week. So that will also make your app/games more effective.

Let me know if it helps.
answered Jun 12, 2014 by hs00105 (517 points)
Thank you for your answer, however doing either one of your solutions doesn't strike me as any easier than the one we were currently doing. The main problem is that it is all "manual". by integrating a server side custom code, I was hoping to make the process automatic.
But as I still haven't been able to implement a server side scheduled event to clear the scoreboard and reward players accordingly I'm questioning if that is even possible with the server custom codes.
If you want to implement this with custom code than you need to write a logic in which you can find all the user score by get top n rankings and edit their by zero using edit score by value id method.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com