How do I change or delete a app database?

0 votes
I am unable to delete or change the name of my app database.  How do I delete this database in order to rename or recreate?
asked Jul 1, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by shawn (25 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for writing us.

Let me clear one thing that you are allowed to create one DB per app and if you want to truncate your data base than you have to select your collection one by one and press remove collection on it. This will truncate your database.

Also i willl recommend you that kindly follow the FAQ which will clear some points for further queries.

Thanks.

answered Jul 2, 2014 by hs00105 (517 points)
selected Jul 2, 2014 by shawn
Thank you for your response.  I removed all the collections from the Storage Service but the database is still there.  The FAQ docs indicated that removal of all collections would allow the database to be removed.  Are there other collections aside from the ones in the storage service console?  Is all data in our app(users, uploads, etc) treated as separate collections within the datbase as well.
Its my apologize for mistakes in FAQ, we will update this ASAP and you are only allowed to create one DB per app.
There is no collection inside the storage service console and the data of your app is not treated as separate collection.
Thanks
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com